Technologies Transferred to Industry or ready for transfer
These include Fast track, cost-saving building technologies; lime production for paint and as a road stabilizer; construction of laminated timber bridges with lesser-used species of local timber, assisting in the establishment of small and medium scale brick industries in some villages (Asokwa, Fumesua and Ankaful); production of timber building components; tile press fork making roofing tiles; production of clay-pozzolana cement blocks; and improved clamp firing method for burnt bricks and tiles.
Technical Services Offered
Services are offered in all areas of building construction and, in particular, architectural works; structural engineering; highway engineering, settlement planning and erosion control, quantity and physical surveying, geotechnical engineering. In addition, assistance is offered in:
- Evaluation, planning, design and construction of low cost housing;
- Evaluation of site plans and competitive design for low-cost houses;
- Foundation engineering and structural analysis of multistorey and complex buildings;
- Treatment of ground infested with termites;
- Setting up of cottage brick industries;
- Production of timber building components;
- Timber building projects;
- Training of brick-masons and brick-layers for the construction industry;
- Special Courses for highway engineers on request;
- Training on accident black spots for the police (Motor Traffic Unit), highway engineers, and planners;
- Training in construction management for small-scale contractors.